The World Famous 10 Days Langtang Valley Trek
- Duration : 10 Days (approx.)
- Product code : PVAKG9
The Langtang area is close to Kathmandu, so the Tibetan culture and close up glacier and peaks experience are all accessible from the capital relatively quickly by the road rather than plane.
We start trekking along the high ridge to the west of Helambu valley, passing through Sherpa and Tamang villages until crossing the Laurebina Pass (15,121ft). We descend to the Gosaikunda lakes, which are sacred to both the Hindus and Tibetan Buddhists. We descend further into the remote Langtang valley, a National park and home to the snow leopard, the Himalayan Thar, the red panda and musk deer. The Valley is dominated by the 7246 M Langtang Lirung to the north, Gang Chhenpo (6388m) to the south and Dorje Lhakpa (6975m) to the east.
As the trek nears the end at the Dhunche, we pass through the rice fields, rhodendron
and pine forests, which have numerous species of birds.
- Trip Name: 10 Days Langtang Trek
- Highest Point: 3900 M
- Best Season: Sep to Dec, Jan to Jun
- Tour Starts: Kathmandu
- Tour Ends: Kathmandu
- Places Covered: Kathmandu, Syabru Besi, Lama Hotel, Langtang, Kyanginj Gompa
- Activity: Nature, landscape, trekking, Culture & Sightseeing
- Transportation: Private car/van/coach
- Trek Grade: Moderate
- Trek Staff: Guide (Trek Leader), Sherpa, Porters
- Accommodation: Tea House/ Lodge in Trek
Trip Highlights:- Guided sightseeing of Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Swaymbhunath Stupa in Kathmandu
- National Park, beautiful Himalayan ranges of Langtang, Langtang Lirung, Chobha Bhamre and Annapurna & Machaphuchhre.
- 03 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis
- 06 nights’ accommodation in Trek in a Tea House or Lodge on twin sharing
- All meals while on trek (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Airport – Hotel – Airport Transfers (Arrival & Departure)
- Kathmandu – Dhunche – Kathmandu transfers
- Full day guided sightseeing of Kathmandu
- Entrance fees to all sightseeing places and monuments
- English speaking Trek leader/Guide
- Porters to carry your bags (1 porter for 2 guests)
- Sleeping bags
- Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance and equipment’s for all staffs
- Langtang National Park permit fee and TIMS permit for trekking
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System)
- Farewell dinner (Authentic Nepalese cuisine with cultural show) on the last night in Kathmandu
- English speaking guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu
- All ground transfers on private air con car/van/coach
- All government, hotel and other applicable taxes.
- International Airfare and taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Nepal Entry visa (Visa is obtained in Nepal Airport immigration on arrival. USD 25 per visa for 15 days, USD 40 per visa for 30 days and USD 100 per visa for 90 days. All the visas are multiple entry visas. Please carry 02 passport sized photograph for the visa.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- All items of personal nature like telephone bills, laundry, drinks etc.
- Tipping to guide and driver
- Any other item that is not mentioned in the price inclusion list.
Day 01: Kathmandu
Upon arrival in Kathmandu Airport, meet with our representatives and drop to hotel. After check in free time on leisure and briefing on trekking
Day 02: Kathmandu (B)
Other famous landmarks around the area are the Temple of Living Goddess Kumari, the wooden temple of Kasthamandap, Ashok Vinayak. There are also museums inside the Durbar Square Palace.
After breakfast drive to Kathmandu durbar square, (UNESCO World heritage site). Kathmandu Durbar Square is the historic place that was also a politically important site until recently. The Kings of Nepal were crowned and their coronation ceremony was solemnized in this durbar square. The Durbar Square, with its old temples and palaces, epitomizes the religious and cultural life of the people.
Our next destination is Patan Durbar square. (UNESCO World heritage site). Patan Durbar Square complex is perhaps the most photographed of the three durbar squares. Located in the heart of Patan city, this was once the palace of the kings of Patan. The square is a display of Newari architecture that had reached its pinnacle during the reign of Malla kings who were great builders and patrons of the arts.At the last we will be visiting Swoyambhunath Stupa. Swoyambhunath is believed to have been established more than 2,500 years ago. Swoyambhunath (UNESCO World heritage site). It has developed into an important center of Buddhism. Drive back to hotel.
Day 03: Kathmandu - Syabru Besi (1450m) 7 hrs drive (B/L/D)
Wake up early morning and departure for 7 hours’ drive toyour starting point at the foot of Langtang Valley. The road takes a scenic route, climbing high over the ridges to escape the Kathmandu Valley and provided you with an amazing panorama of the Himalaya, including the Annapurna range, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and the peak of the Langtang region that you will soon get familiar with. Overnight at a lodge.
Day 04: Syabru Besi - Lama Hotel (2480m) 5 – 6 hrs (B/L/D)
We will start our trek from Syabru Gaon to Lama Hotel (2480m), which takes approx. five hours. The trail descends along the ridge on Syabru’s main street and then drops to Ghopche Khola (2050m), and again descends to the landslide (1810m). From then onwards, you trek will ascend gently to rimche (2400m) through bamboos (1960m) and at the end you will travel through level path to the Lama Hotel. En route, you may get lucky to spot the red pandas, and monkey in their natural habitat. Overnight at a lodge.
Day 05: Lama Hotel - Langtang (3540m) 5 – 6 hrs (B/L/D)
Today, trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang Village (3540m) via Ghore Tabela, which takes approx. 6 hours. At Ghore Tabela (3000m), the trail emerges from the forest. While hiking here, you can catch a glimpse of white monkeys and local birds.The trail continues to climb gently and the valleywidens, passing a few temporary settlements used by herders who bring their livestock
around here. Langtang, the headquarters of the Langtang national Park. Stay overnight at a lodge.
Day 06: Langtang - Kyangjing Gompa (3900m) 2 - 3 hrs (B/L/D)
Trek from Langtang Village to Kyangjin (3900m), which will take approx. 3 hours. The trail climbs gradually through small villages and yak pastures as the valley opens out further and the views become more wide ranging. After crossing several small streams and moraines, the trail reaches the settlement at Kyangjin. We should arrive at Kyangjin by lunch time allowing some time to acclimatize and explore the area. It is a fantastic setting, with snow covered peaks surrounding us in all directions. At this point, you can enjoy the panoramic view of Dorje Lakpa (6990m), Kangtang Ri (6370m), and Langtang Lirung (7245m). Stay overnight at a lodge.
Day 07: Kyangjing Gompa - Lama Hotel (2480m) 5 – 6 hrs (B/L/D)
Today we will slowly descend downhill through the beautiful landscape and greenery and reach Lama hotel. Take a good rest in the evening and enjoy the beautiful view. Overnight at a lodge.
We will descend down toward Lama Hotel. After reaching Lama Hotel, free time to enjoy the scenery and free time to relax. Overnight at
Day 08: Lama Hotel - Sybru Besi(1450m) 4 – 5 hrs (B/L/D)
Day 09: Sybru Besi - Kathmandu (B/L/D)
Day 10: Departure (B)After breakfast in the hotel, free time until departure to Airport.